We were working on this rover during 5 consecutive Saturday morning’s CoderDojo meetings.
Lunar rover’s purposes (so far):
– Rocks specimens collection
– Cargo delivery from Earth rockets landing site to astronaut quarters
The crew cabin is hermetically sealed – allowing for operation without uncomfortable lunar suits.
The crew consist of 2 persons – mostly of safety reason, to avoid troubles if one astronaut will hurt far away from the lunar base.
Our rover is a multi-purpose vehicle – it can be easily adjusted to carry out various missions. The additional equipment installed instead of current robotic arm are:
– Extra battery pack and solar panels to extend the operational range
– Tank and pumps to deliver water from polar regions
– Additional multi-purposes robotic manipulators
– Crew rest space for long-distance journeys
– Caterpillars could be replaced by regular wheels set
Our rover is equipped with towing hook to connect trailer.