The Moon environment is very dangerous for the astronauts. Explain how your Moon Camp will protect them.
For this construction we would use materials such as:
- metals and their alloys, among others:
-titanium (Ti: corrosion and acid-resistant metal could form a building frame);
iron (Fe: durable metal would be used in major structural components);
– lead (Pb: this metal could provide protection against cosmic rays occurring on the moon due to the lack of atmosphere);
aluminum (Al: this light raw material would form a base coating because it can reflect about 99% of light radiation and up to approximately 95% of infrared radiation, which ensures impermeability to heat, which is 150 ° C on a lunar day);
– copper (Cu: this material allows good thermal and electrical conductivity and could be used for electrical wiring);
-silver (Ag: good electrical conductivity of this metal provides an ideal basis for constructing wires);
- thermal insulation and cosmic radiation protection layers (built into the walls of the station).
2.4 – Środowisko Księżyca jest bardzo niebezpieczne dla astronautów. Wyjaśnij, w jaki sposób Twój Obóz Księżycowy je ochroni. (maksymalnie 100 słów). *
On the moon there are threats such as: the large temperature difference between the day and the night; no atmosphere to protect against asteroids; cosmic radiation. Our station provides protection against these inconveniences of future residents of the Moon.
– during the day: Before the temperature, which can reach up to 150°C, the base will be protected by walls covered with aluminum. This metal will reflect light and heat, thanks to which the temperature inside will be stable. It will also be supported by thermal insulation materials.
– at night: Thermal protection materials placed inside the walls of the structure will protect against night-time temperatures of -100°C.
- Protection against asteroids:
– the structure is built in such a way as to withstand asteroid impact.
– lack of glass protects against the formation of holes in the walls during the impact of rock debris.
- Protection against cosmic rays:
– radiation protection materials such as lead stop this factor from getting inside the camp.